Monday 23 December 2013

The Great White North(west)

Koo Ko ko ko, Koo ko ko!  It's that time of year again when Bob and Doug McKenzie, true Canadian "Hosers" sing the 12 Days of Christmas. http://youtu.be/sEbUtpPQihM

Bob and I have our own version, tailored to living in Terrace Bay, Ontario.

BobCats 12 Days of Christmas: Terrace Bay style

On the first day of Christmas, My true love gave to me:
One Northern Snow Scoop.  (Yes, he did actually buy this for me....said it was my Christmas present.  You think?)
Just warming up the scoop!






On the second day of Christmas, My true love gave to me:
Two pairs of snowshoes. 









On the third day of Christmas, My true love gave to me:

                                                      Comfort Table (SUPER.!)
Comfort Table Bakery, Vermillion Bay
Three days of driving.  Day 1 Vermillion Bay for coffee and Steinbach, Manitoba for the night.
https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Terrace+Bay,+ON&daddr=Steinbach,+MB,+Canada&hl=en&sll=47.901614,-90.791016&sspn=12.968869,27.224121&geocode=FQ1j6AIdSwTP-ilN6E5C1FNDTTFawRXg7UnWzQ%3BFUm08wIdj7g8-ikvVB7ZoTXAUjHbpLxe6uuZ8g&oq=Steinba&t=h&mra=ls&z=7


On the fourth day of Christmas, My true love gave to me:
Four dozen Biscotti. (chocolate, of course) O.K. he helped taste the broken ones. After the double bake, I let the biscotti cool in the oven overnight.  The next morning, I found Bob with his head in the oven. Caught you red handed!

Double Chocolate Biscotti
 








On the fifth day of Christmas, My true love gave to me: 
Five golden beers.  Really six....I had to taste one to see if it was still fresh.
5 o'clock....happy hour







On the sixth day of Christmas, My true love gave to me:

yummy breakfast



Six pounds of bacon. 
Brennen, our local butcher ordered us a pork belly.  We brined it in rosemary, salt and spices. Bob smoked it on the BarB Que for 3 hours with hickory chips.  Chef Bob cooked me up a yummy mouthwatering breakfast! 

On the seventh day of Christmas, my true love gave to me:
Seven wooly Touques.  Well, not really,  I knit the touqes, but he looks good wearing them.

On the eighth day of Christmas, My true love gave to me:
Eight days of Dog sitting.  Dexter,  you look like a Dingo, and run like a deer.  He is training us well.
He managed to train Bob and I to sit on the floor pretty!
Dexter
 






















On the nineth day of Christmas, My true love gave to me:
Nine pairs of ski socks.    It's bad luck to wash those lucky socks. See how long they last before washing.  Will Bob do the wiffy test? You need to wait until they walk out from under the bed by themselves.
 

On the tenth day of Christmas, My true love gave to me:
Ten pairs of hand warmers.  It's cold outside at 7,000 feet!













On the eleventh day of Christmas, My true love gave to me:
Eleven frigid days of winter.  Enough is enough.  -25+ is cold with or without sunshine! This ain't no steam bath.
Hydro Bay, Lake Superior





On the twelveth day of Christmas, My true love gave to me:
Twelve days to pack.    The count down is on.......Panno here come a couple of ski Bums.

And it all has to go in the bear barrel.....


Great White North, with Bob and Doug.
http://youtu.be/X-ZvAVcBIrQ

MERRY CHRISTMAS...see you on the slopes!

 
 
 
 

1 comment: