Monday 19 December 2011

40 days and 40 nights................and no funk?!??

Remember, on one of my previous posts we discussed underwear and long johns?  Well, mine in particular are "Icebreaker" pure merino wool.  Yes, since I am female, I read the user's manual.  The usual washing instructions:  "just throw it in the washing machine and line dry"  The statement that intrigued me was as follows:
"Icebreaker was superior in every way to anything I had ever worn before.  I wore it for 40 day and 40 nights and it didn't itch or get whiffy" 
 That just gave me an idea.  I will test that statement!  So far, I'm at 14 ski days and counting.  So far, so good.  No whiffy!!  Doug Bumstead, if you are reading this blog entry, remember you are counting for me to keep me honest.  The interesting feature about these undies, is they have a serial number attached to them.  You can google them and type in the serial number and they will trace your undies to the farm that raised the merino sheep...complete with a video.  So, I did.  www.icebreaker.com Straight to New Zealand.  Have a look.Serial # 7675DDFD5.  Just think, the sheep owner shearing the sheep and that fleece is now on my backside and keeping it warm and whiffy free (14 days and counting)!!
Looking Sexy!!
Now, back to skiing.  We are getting better at the bumps and moguls.  Today, sunny and sweaty after an aggressive afternoon skiing at the summit. The lower mountain became icy since it did rain at the lower third 1950 ft elevation.  The top did get some serious powder!  We skied down "Madison's Mile" then it got icy.  It was so slick, in order to stop I ran up the side of the trail and perched myself on the rock face like a purple pigeon.  That was embarrassing.  At least, I have the camera. (no photo this time.  HA HA)  Time for a shower and bake a Christmas Cake.  I have enclosed this recipe for:

Ski Bum's Best Christmas Cake Ever

2 cups flour
1 stick butter
1 cup water
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup sugar
1 tsp salt
1 cup brown sugar
Lemon juice
4 large eggs
Nuts
2 bottles wine
2 cups dried fruit
Sample the wine to check quality.  Take a large bowl, check the wine again. To be sure it is of the highest quality, pour one level cup and drink. Repeat.
Turn on the electric mixerer.  Beat one cup of butter in a large fluffy bowl.  Add one teaspoon of sugar.  Beat again.  At this point it’s best to make sure the wine is still OK.   Try another cup...just in case.
Turn off the mixer thingy.  Break 2 eggs and add to the bowl and chuck in the cup of dried fruit.
Pick the frigging fruit up off floor.  Mix on the turner.  If the fried druit gets stuck in the beaterers just pry it loose with a drewscriver.  Sample the wine to check for tonsisticity.
Next, sift two cups of salt.  Or something.  Check the wine.  Now shift the lemon juice and strain your nuts.  Add one table.
Add a spoon of sugar, or some fink.  Whatever you can find.  Greash the oven.  Turn the cake tin 360 degrees and try not to fall over.  Don’t forget to beat off the turner.
Finally, throw the bowl through the window.  Finish the wine and wipe counter with the cat.
Go to supermarket and buy cake.
Bingle Jells!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment